Who will inherit Queen Elizabeth’s estate? Disclosed net worth
Many wonder what will happen to Queen Elizabeth II’s fortune after her death on September 8. And it is more complicated than it seems.
Here is everything you need to know.
Who will inherit Queen Elizabeth’s fortune?
King Charles, who will ascend to the throne following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, will reportedly inherit most of her personal assets, which are estimated at around $500 million.
Charles is the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II, whom he shared with Prince Philip.
Additionally, these assets include your investments, art collection, and jewelry. Additionally, he consists of real estate that he owned, such as Sandringham House in Norfolk, England, and Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
London Bridge has fallen. The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.
Rest is peace, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth.
7 decades, 15 prime ministers, 1 QUEEN 👑 #Queen Elizabeth
pic.twitter.com/P7PVG5Gc6f— Umer Farooque Samoo (@UmerFarooq390) September 8, 2022
In addition, Queen Elizabeth also inherited $70 million in assets after her mother’s death in 2002. It includes a collection of stamps, fine china, jewelry, horses, and a valuable collection of Fabergé eggs.
His art collection included works by artists such as Monet, Nash, and Carl Fabergé.
It is also important to note that much of the late sovereign’s property actually belongs to the ‘Royal Firm’. It’s a $28 billion empire that former members of the British royal family, including King George VI and Prince Philip, referred to as “the family business.”
Meanwhile, the Queen’s personal net worth was estimated at almost $657 million in 2022.
Additionally, The Sun reported in 2019 that the 96-year-old queen’s wealth was worth $3 billion.
How did Queen Elizabeth make money?
Queen Elizabeth II had various sources of income, such as portfolios made up of land, property, and various other assets that they acquired over the years.
Regardless, their main source of income comes from the Sovereign Grant. It is a government-run annual lump sum account that was established in 2012. It pays the monarch for their official duties and the costs involved in maintaining occupied palaces.
In simple terms, the Crown Estate, which is a collection of royal possessions, generated an income of $28 billion annually. In addition, the Queen received 25 percent of the proceeds, while the British Treasury received the remaining 75 percent.
Although Her Majesty did not privately own the Crown Estate, the public Sovereign Grant share paid for the expenses of the Queen and her family each year.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the Queen amassed approximately $18 million of this estate annually.