Ricky Martin files a $20 million lawsuit against his nephew
Ricky Martin has filed a lawsuit against his nephew, who previously accused him of sexual abuse and incest.
Here is everything you need to know.
Ricky Martin sued his nephew for an extortion lawsuit
Ricky Martin is taking legal action against his nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sánchez, who filed a lawsuit in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Wednesday.
Martin filed a $20 million lawsuit, charging his nephew with extortion, malicious prosecution, abuse of rights and damages.
In court documents, the Latin pop icon claimed that his nephew was trying to ‘assassinate’ his reputation.
The document stated: ‘Defendant Sanchez filed his application for a protection order based on malice and animosity against the plaintiff. For the mere fact that he did not respond to multiple messages from him.
He also said that Sánchez, “has threatened and extorted the actor that, unless he is financially compensated, he will continue with his campaign to assassinate his reputation and integrity, through false and malicious accusations.”
Additionally, Martin’s filing further alleged that Sanchez leaked the 50-year-old singer’s phone number on social media. He added that Sánchez also created an Instagram account for one of his sons.
Martin is the father of four children who he shares with his husband Jwan Yosef. The twins Matteo and Valentino are 13 years old, the daughter Lucia is 3 years old and the son Renn is 2 years old.
The suit also mentioned that Martín lost several multi-million dollar contracts due to Sánchez’s claims.
Ricky Martin’s nephew accused him of sexual abuse
The drama between Ricky Martin and his 21-year-old nephew began in July of this year.
Dennis Yadiel Sánchez accused the singer of incest. Furthermore, he claimed that he suffered domestic abuse at the hands of Martin. Hence, the judge decreed a restraining order against the artist of ‘Livin’ La Vida Loca’.
In addition, Sánchez claimed that Martin harassed him for months after their breakup.
Regardless, on July 21, Sánchez requested permission to withdraw the case through his attorney.
However, following the firing, Martin shared a video on social media to address the news.
In the clip, he said: ‘It’s been very painful. It’s been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends, and I don’t wish it on anyone.”
He further continued, “To the person who said this nonsense, I wish him well and I wish he finds the help so that he can start a new life full of love, truth and joy, and not hurt anyone else.” .’