Holyfield’s return marking the 20th anniversary of Donald Trump’s 9/11
Holyfield’s return will mark the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. September 11 is not like any other day. This date changed many dynamics of the world and added some. In 2021, 9/11 will mark his 20th anniversary. Former US President Donald Trump will serve as a boxing commentator. Trump will host the fight between Evander Holyfield and Vitor Belfort. Everyone is excited for the fight. Trump also acknowledged that he loves “great fighters and great fights.”
The former US President also said, “I look forward to seeing you this Saturday night and sharing my thoughts ringside. You will not want to miss this special episode.” Fite TV said Trump would give comments in person. The comment will be made in English and Spanish, leaving aside the third option of guest commentator. UFC star Jorge Masvidal and former WWE announcer Todd Grisham will also appear on the show.
On the other hand, the US president will revisit the places where he crashed on September 11, that is, Pennsylvania, New York and Arlington, Virginia. The 9/11 attack killed nearly 3,000 people in the United States. President Biden will honor them. In addition, former President George W. Bush and Barack Obama will also visit the cities of Pennsylvania and New York, respectively.
De la Hoya’s unsuccessful comeback
Triller has organized the event. It is a social networking app that has now become a boxing promoter. Last year, he organized a fight between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. The same year, Trump took to the Triller app to promote it and present it as an alternative to the Chinese app. tik tok.
Saturday’s fight is originally set for the return of 1992 Olympics gold medalist Oscar De La Hoya. The 48-year-old is an 11-time world champion in six weight classes. He will fight a 44-year-old MMA fighter from Brazil, Victor Belfort.
However, last Friday, Oscar had to withdraw his name from the fight due to being hospitalized due to COVID-19. He tweeted about it and thanked everyone for their tremendous support from him. Even after being fully vaccinated, Oscar became infected with COVID-19.
return of holy field
Due to the loss of Oscar De La Hoya, Holyfield will participate in the game. He has won the world heavyweight title four times and is the only one to do so. It will be a comeback for Holyfield. He hasn’t fought since 2011 and will turn 59 this October.
In 2004, Holyfield was not allowed to fight in New York due to his “low performance and diminished skills”. However, he later failed drug tests for anabolic steroids and elevated testosterone levels. Because of this, the California State Athletic Commission (CASC) did not give him a sanction. Therefore, the event is organized in Florida and not at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Also read: Facebook’s smart glasses are feature rich but lack AR. Get all the details here!